About our Cookies
What are Cookies?
Cookies are little data files that are placed onto the hardware device which you use to browse the internet (e.g. your Computer, Smartphone or Tablet, your “device”) by websites that you visit. Cookies contain information about your visits to that website and the purpose of cookies is to enable our websites to remember you, and your browsing habits, when you visit it again in the future.
Cookies perform many different functions, including remembering that you are logged in during visits and remembering the user preferences you may have selected. They also help us to identify which of our web pages are the most popular and what type of journey a visitor has through our site.
Cookies fall into two types, ‘Strictly Necessary’ and non-essential cookies.
Strictly Necessary cookies are cookies that are essential to ensure that the website works properly, such as when you plan to purchase a ticket, a cookie is used to ensure that the ticket you wish to purchase stays in the basket when you move onto another webpage, for example, from the booking page to the payment page,
Other cookies (non-essential cookies) are not necessary for the website to operate but help us plan the content and layout of our site and recognise returning visitors that have been to our site before. They therefore play an important role in helping us to enhance the usability and performance of our site to improve your visits.
We need your consent to use non essential cookies on the Careers.southeasternrailway.co.uk website.
For further information about the cookies we use, please see below.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, and vacancies that are of interest, and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;and
- make your job application processs more efficient.
What Cookies are used by this Site?
Types of cookie that may be used during your visit to our website are:
- Session cookies (i.e. cookies that are deleted when you leave our website, for example, cookies used to place a ticket in your basket);
- Permanent cookies (i.e. cookies that remain on your device once you have left our website, for example, where you have consented to have your account details saved so you do not have to log onto our website every time you access it);
- Cookie to identify users individually who have logged in, where you have consented to have this installed on your device
- First party cookies (i.e. cookies that we, SE Trains Limited, have installed)
- Third party cookies (i.e. cookies that our contractors, such as Google, have installed)
The table below sets out the cookies we currently use. This list is regularly updated:--
Your consent applies to cookies that may be installed when you visit the careers. southeasternrailway.co.uk website.
Web beacons are usually 1 pixel size transparent images that help website owners track the activity of users on certain website pages. They can also send the tracking server (i.e. us, or our technology partners) information in cookies – such as whether an HTML email with a web beacon in it has been opened. We use web beacons together with cookies to help us understand how you interact with our website and the emails we send you, to help us improve your experience, to ensure that content is relevant to you, and to better manage our website and email content.
Further details on web beacons, and how to manage them, can be found here.
How can I opt out of cookies?
This also enables you to choose which type of cookies you wish to accept or not.
Deletion of some cookies will affect your ability to log in, purchase tickets, use the site or may affect the functionality of the website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can also use the settings provided in the cookie banner when you first use the site to set your cookie preferences.
List of Cookies
Cookies that are essential for us to allow you to login and to allow us to manage and monitor our website’s performance:
- TribePad - this allows you to login to our social recruitment management platform.
- X-Mapping-knecooom - this is used by our network systems to direct your traffic to the same servers.
- PHPSESSID - this is used for some areas of session management and is essential.
- laravel_session - this is used for some areas of session management and is essential.
- youWantTheCookie and youWantTheCookieShown - this simply allows us to remember whether you had cookies turned off or on for our site to help us keep as much functionality working as possible for you.
- Google features for generating maps and CAPTCHA images
- PREF, NID, HSID, SSID, APISID, SAPISID, SS, SID
- These cookies are used by Google to generate images for maps (to show you where our jobs are) or to generate a CAPTCHA images to help protect our site from “spambots”. Without these cookies we would not be able to register your account and you would not be able to see maps for each job. Note that Google may vary their cookies for these services but they will be essential for ensuring the CAPTCHA and maps work.
These are only turned on if you opted-in for non-essential cookies on our job search site.
Share pages with your social network Cookies:
- (twitter) guest_id, k, _twitter_sess, original_referer
- (facebook) datr, lu
- (g+1) PREF, SID, HSID, SSID
Description These cookies are used by the social networks to allow you to share any of our pages with your network - however, nothing is shared without your explicit request to do so.